Monday, February 1, 2010

Hi World!

Hi world!

This blog was set up to record and document my journey into 2 new beginnings of my life:
1) staying overseas by myself and
2) studying medicine*

I do not want this new part of my life to fly by me without me remembering much of the experience and hence i hope to faithfully blog at least once a week to capture the moments for future remembrance.

My journey into Oz (I feel tempted to type 'Aus' all the time, but 'Oz' is the Australian slang while 'Aus' is just a shortform. I figured i will use the more authentic form.) will start on 18th February 2010 when i arrive in Adelaide airport with my father.

I am still in Singapore and it is 8.49am now, i normally do not wake up so early in the morning, but today is an exception. I just finished registering in all my classes for Sem 1 and Sem 2. Extra places in the classes just opened up at 10am Oz time (7.30 Sg time).

Here is how my timetable looks like:



Although it does not seem very packed, my main concern is rushing from class to class and being late for them as the Flinders campus is huge. You will also notice that i have ambitiously registered for many 9am classes. This is a show of my resolution to keep to a healthy lifestyle while i am in Oz. I will sleep early and wake up early and eat healthily too.

*More about my course. I will be studying Bachelor of Clinical Science/ Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It is a year 12 Pathway to Medicine and on top of it being launched for the first time in 2010, only 25 domestic places are offered each year. This is one of the reasons why i decided to study this course, as it does seem like a very precious spot.

It is a 6 years course and i will be studying Clinical Science during my first 2 years. If i pass all my modules and get a GPA of >5, i will gain automatic admission to the MBBS component, joining the rest of the graduate entry students.

Like in IP, i will be in the pioneer batch again! I see many similarities to IP like being in a small cohort, being part of the pioneers, having to join in the bigger, mainstream cohort after 2 years. And just like how i skipped the O levels, i will skip taking the GMSAT and getting interviewed by the medicine admission panel.

Thanks to my Jiu Jiu's friends, i managed to secure a bed sitter for myself which is very near to the FMC. I am excited to see it and excited about staying in a fully furnished flat by myself. It seems like there is a TV and even a DVD player in the flat, so i feel quite worried now that i will spend too much time watching TV and neglect my studies or neglect to make friends outside. But i suppose it should not pose too big a problem as i have similarly survived well in Singapore with TV and various distractions. Self-disciplince Marg!

Alright, signing off now to continue my sleep. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. hello marg! i'm in IT class! i LOVE you!! <3 call you tonight before you fly!! why never love s46 in your profile description??? ):

    ReplyDelete