Thursday, February 25, 2010

Flinders Medical Centre main entrance. This is also where i take the Flinders Loop bus to school everyday. Takes 4 minutes to get from here to the main plaza. Buses from here also take 15 minutes to get to Marion, a huge vivo-city like shopping centre with Coles, Big W, Woolworths ect and ~45 minutes to Adelaide City, central market.

Quite frequently, i can hear and see helicopters flying towards and away from FMC to do air rescue. According to Joy, when it flies over where i live, the walls will rattle!

View of the main campus from the Biological Science building. As you can see, it is like studying inside a park, trees, bushes everywhere. There are many ducks and birds around too which are not afraid of people.
I was just sitting by the lakeside eating my packed sandwich lunch enjoying the view above when this bird jumped up from the fronds near the lake and approached me. It came so close i immediately grabbed my bag next to me, for fear it would start scavenging in my bag for food. It simply stood there and looked at me, and went away after a few minutes when i did not offer it any food.

Anchor Court, which is in between Physical and Biological Science Building. Must climb up a tiring flight of stairs to reach here. People like to just sit/lie on the grass here to bask in the sun/ eat lunch. Its like having a picnic everyday! =D


Fried Spinach and fish fingers with a bowl of rice. First attempt at something different. There were actually 3 fish fingers but i ate one to see if it was cooked. First fry garlic and onions then put in vege and pour water, soy sauce and sugar in. Close lid and wait until all the vege is soft and limp. Tasted good!
Joy and Andrew, my landlords, invited me over to their place for tea (dinner). I made a bowl of fruit salad and brought it over with me. Andrew kept saying it was delicious! Made of watermelon cubes, orange cubes and banana cubes mixed in passionfruit yogurt and topped with almonds and raisins.

Attended 4 50 minutes long lectures today on Reading and Writing at Uni, Referencing and Plagiarism, Life at Uni and Critical Thinking. Only dozed off a bit during the sessions after lunch. There is a Writing Centre in school where you can bring your essays to and the staff there will help to proof read it/ made sure you answered the question/ tell you how you can improve on it ect for free. Sounds like asking your teachers to pre-grade your paper first, i am definitely going to try it!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marg! Loving your blog. :)
    hahaha so cute, I love the way your first instinct is always to take a photo, be it ants/spiders/birds! And your cooking looks marvelous! :) I can't believe something like the Writing Centre exists over there. I want someone to pre-grade my work too. How lucky. :)

    Love, rah.
    PS quick, solve our treasure hunt soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow. hi margaret!! looks like you've been exploring whipping up different types of foods and snacks, you're well on your way to culinary superstardom! hahaha. k la, the fish fingers and yoghurt fruit mix look not bad lol.

    hope you're growing accustomed to living by yourself by now! keep going, never lose steam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Margaret! Your room looks super super nice! Hahahaha. You sound like you're adjusting really well. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY MARG <3 I love your blog! Keep posting pretty pictures and blogging often okay! You sound really hyped up about school and all, which is awesome. Hope to skype soon! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friends! Thanks for commenting.

    Sarah, Nick: Haha, not sure if i am really a good cook or a better food photographer lol. I will cook for all of you one day though if you would like (dare) to try my cooking!

    Thanks Daryl, room is getting messier now. Also a group of friends came to visit and didnt remove their shoes, so i have to sweep and mop the floor again! :S

    Jiayi: Yes, Mdm! I just blogged a new post! I have never seen you on skype though, just fb me when you want to skype and i'll be on! We can oovoo(?) too=D

    ReplyDelete